Sunday, December 26, 2010

The BEST damn Shortbread ever.

Wow, Christmas has been and gone. Of course it was lovely. Ritchie and I were super-dooper spoiled. I made Margaret Fulton's 'Cherry Pavlova',  and it was flipping delish.

Given that it's Boxing Day and we're still allowed to feel festive, I thought I'd share a brilliant family recipe. This is my Nana Barb's Shortbread. It is THE best shortbread I have ever eaten, trust me, I've had my share. 
It is also incredibly easy to make. So here it is.

Barb's Shortbread.

INGREDIENTS
225 grams of butter 
2 tablespoons of icing sugar
2 tablespoons of castor sugar
2 tablespoons of cornflour
2 1/2 cups of plain flour

METHOD

Melt butter, add sugars and cornflour and whisk for 5 minutes.

Beat in flour and press into an ungreased tin.

Mark edges and prick with a fork.

Place into a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes.

Dust with additional castor sugar.
ENJOY!

Here's a lovely picture I like, as I hate to post without an image. Sorry, I can't remember where I found the picture.



Love, 
E.

Currently Listening to: The fan whirring and my fingers typing.
Currently Reading: 'Eat Tweet - a Twitter cookbook' Maureen Evans.


No comments:

Post a Comment