Sunday, December 12, 2010

'Postcrossing' Heart

I know, I haven't written in a long time. What can I say? I've been busy (well I have been), but I have also had free time when I could have posted. I've just been a little bit unmotivated. Onwards and upwards.

I'm writing today about 'Postcrossing'. I'm a relatively new 'postcrosser', I've been sending postcards around the world for approximately one month. I can't speak highly enough of this website. It is a lot of fun. 

I love that 'Postcrossing' merges new technology with old, using the considerable benefits of the internet to connect fellow 'Snail Mail' enthusiasts. I have sent roughly 15 postcards from my little house in Newcastle, around the world. I have received one postcard in return so far, and do you know what? I don't even care. 

I enjoy sending them even more than receiving them. I delight in the cheerful comments I receive from the recipients of the postcards that I have sent out into the world. 

I am hooked, as soon as I receive an email informing me that one of the postcards I have sent has been received and registered, I am hitting up the website for a new address to send a postcard to someone else. 

I love that sending items through 'Snail Mail' necessitates an abundance of patience, it's NOT instantaneous and that in itself is strangely gratifying. I have never before been so excited to hear the postperson's motorbike. I fly out my front door, to see if I have a postcard from a mystery international individual and locale. I love imagining the people whom I have written to doing the same sort of thing.

'Postcrossing' is a lot of fun, and I highly recommend the site to anyone who enjoys writing letters and sending interesting, thoughtful items through the post. Get into it.

Here is a photo of my little Sylvie-cat when she was a kitten. One, two, three...AWWWWWWW!



Love, 
E.

Currently Listening to: 'Heart's A Mess' Gotye
Currently Reading: 'Sense and Sensibility' Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment