Monday, November 22, 2010

Red Lantern Night Markets and a family gathering.

On Saturday night I went to the 'Red Lantern' Night Markets in Newcastle.  For the second time, I only spent money at the 'Oscar and Matilda' stall.  I bought a pair of earrings for an Aunt and a pair for myself.

I could have spent some money at the 'Amorelita Designs' stall, however I felt it would have been a little bit indulgent given that we're currently trying to save, save, save for Christmas. 

Check these beautiful pieces out - they are so exquisite, one day soon I'll spend up a storm. 
I know they are going to look beautiful in my kitchen.



Additionally, as I am a novice blogger, I totally forgot to take my camera (primarily because I can't get into the habit of taking it everywhere). So I don't have photos of the actual markets, shame shame. 

On Sunday, Ritchie and I attended his Pop's 80th Birthday party. It was nice to see Pop enjoying himself. He is a lovely old man and well and truly deserving of a delightful day. Ritchie and I both got sunburn. Ritchie has a burnt face and I have burnt shoulders. I HATE sunburn! Last night I was lathering on the 'Aloe Vera' gel hoping it would take away the heat emanating from my poor skin.  I ended up going to bed with an ice-pack on my back and shoulders and reading, which leads me to my next point. 

I FINALLY finished 'Midnight's Children' by Salman Rushdie, it was an epic read. Whilst it was interesting and enjoyable, I definitely preferred 'Shalimar the Clown'. I guess it comes down to personal preference. It is however worth a read. 

So I'm unsure as to what I'm going to read next, It'll probably be 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R Tolkien. 

Prior to going to bed last night, Ritchie, my brother and I watched Ricky Gervais' 'Science'. It is his newest hour and twenty minutes of stand-up. I laughed my arse off. He is brutal, but hilarious.

Being BIG Dawkins fans we also enjoyed this video.
BE WARNED!: It's not for those offended by swearing.

'Hate E-mails with Richard Dawkins.'

Ok, I have to go shower and get ready for school.


Take it Easy.

Love, 
E.

Currently Listening to: My fingers typing.
Currently Reading: Unsure what to read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment