Monday, November 15, 2010

Spotlight's 99cents/metre sale.

I know, I could barely believe it either. 

Yesterday my lovely cousin Rhea and I went and spent-up at 'Spotlight's' 99c/metre sale on flannelette and polar fleece.

I bought twelve metres of flannelette. Despite the fact that we arrived pretty late on the Sunday of the two day sale, they still had some lovely material available. So this summer, (Yes it will probably take me all summer to sew four sets of P. J.s) I'll be sewing Ritchie and I, new winter jimmie jams. I took some photos of my new flannel stash. I love the robots, bicycles and the circus scene. 



In HILARIOUS news, lovely Rhea bought 63 metres of flannel and polar fleece. I couldn't stop laughing as the checkout operator measured, scanned and bagged. Rhea had two GIANT bags full, that should have been labeled 'two person lift', as they were genuinely heavy. I guess you've got to cease the opportunity to acquire 63 metres of fabric for 63 dollars. She is such a riot. 

I took a photo of her stash in the boot of my car, which I'll attempt to upload in the near future. 
In contrast, I guess I was quite restrained. 

In other boring news, our washing machine has resigned. It's not working properly anymore, so Ritchie and I have been researching washing machines, not the most exciting of tasks. I told Ritchie he could choose, I don't really care so long as it's decent, a front-loader and doesn't have an electronic control panel (A PITA to have repaired if it malfunctions).

I just want one with the knobs that you twist,  what can I say? I'm a simple girl. 

I think he has decided to go with a pretty basic 'LG' model. You'll have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm. I'm not exactly thrilled to the eye-teeth at the prospect of spending money on a washing machine.

Anyway, I have to go and get ready for school. 

Love, 
E.
Currently listening to: The whirring of the study fan.
Currently reading: 'Midnight's Children' Salman Rushdie (It's been an epic read).

No comments:

Post a Comment