Sunday, October 24, 2010

Crafting, Sylvia's Birthday and Ritchie's Afternoon Tea.

Heya,

Today it has been raining steadily. The rain hasn't however, put a dampener on our level of excitement - It's our baby girl's Birthday today. 

That's right Sylvia is 2! Happy Birthday Sylvie.

Here is a photograph of the little chestnut herself.


In other news, I have used the bad weather as an excuse to avoid doing loads of washing and have been crafting instead. I used the tutorial at 'Under the Sycamore Tree'  to make a 'Doily Table-Runner'. It was super easy to make and the results are pretty impressive, even if I do say so myself. I bought all of the doilies for around $20.00 AUD from an op-shop in Belmont North, so it was a very inexpensive project.

I have included one snap-shot of my finished Table-Runner. Here 'tis


Additionally, I have started planning Ritchie's 'Citizenship' Afternoon-Tea. For those who don't know, Ritchie is becoming an Australian on the 3rd of November. It is very exciting. For the most part I have been thinking about the food I am going to prepare. We're thinking; Mini-Pavlovas, Lamingtons, Iced-Vovos, Tim-Tams, a Cheese Board and Mini-Savoury Muffins. Yum Yum Yum!
I'll update the blog later,  after I have given the decorations some thought. 

I've done some shopping for my 'Operation Christmas Child' shoe-box. I still have some additional items to purchase, so I will update the blog with all the details, when I have finished.


Well that's all for now, I'm not sure what I'm going to cook for tea. I guess I'll have to start thinking about that soon. 


Love, 
E.

Currently Listening to: My Brother and Ritchie playing 'Modern Warfare' on the PS3.
Currently Reading: 'Midnight's Children' Salman Rushdie.

1 comment:

  1. I love the table runner, they would make an excellent gift for many folk that I know!
    Lots of love Mum xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete