Thursday, October 14, 2010

One of my poems Thursday

Well here it is. An old one, I wrote this in 2005. I don't know if I still like it, however it has a lot of sentimental value. It was written with my first and only broken-heart. <--- Cliche' alert!


Scottish Writer's Block

It was in Inverness
that I broke the lead in my pencil.
It couldn't or wouldn't sharpen; 
it kept breaking as I attempted to whittle away at the wood.

It was in Dundee
that all I had was a stub of wood.
I could no longer write
and had to record everything in tantrums and tears.



Poetry Thursday seems like a good idea.


Love, 
E.


Currently Listening to: My fingers hitting the keyboard.
Currently Reading: 'Letters to a Young Contrarian' Christopher Hitchens.

PS: 'Of a Boy' by Sonya Hartnett, was beautifully tragic. I'd recommend it to everyone. 

PPS: How do I have so much reading time? I don't have children and I read every night in bed, prior to falling asleep.

PPPS: I am so in love with this fabric by 'Gurumania' on 'Spoonflower'. IN LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment