Friday, October 29, 2010

Divine.

Hello,

I missed 'One of my Poems Thursday'. I've decided that I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won't, I'm cool with that.

The reason I didn't get the opportunity to post yesterday was because I was insanely busy. The usual kind of stuff; work, commitments and Ritchie and I decided at the spur-of-the-moment to go and see the new David Fincher (we're both BIG Fincher fans) film 'The Social Network'.


I have to say that I was a teensy bit disappointed. This is probably entirely my own fault. I tend to build-up films that I am looking forward to seeing to gargantuan heights. They can never live up to my entirely unrealistic expectations. After having watched the film, I want to 'deactivate' my 'Facebook' account.

I found most of the people represented to be entirely unlikeable. Additionally Zuckerberg seems to be someone, wholly impressed by status and authority, despite his alleged 'disinterest' in money - which I don't 'buy' at all. For someone with no 'interest' in cash, he has sure as hell managed to keep a lot of it for himself.

He seems like an arse-hole. But hey, what do I know ?  I'm not a member of an exclusive fraternity and I'm certainly no billionaire.  My opinions will be of no consequence, to an entirely dysfunctional man with a 'good idea', but a distinct lack of social/emotional intelligence. I'm no 'Rhodes Scholar' and I'm not professing perfection, however I do have more friends than I can count on one hand.

I'd also like to add that those impressed by status always appear to me to be needy and of weak character, both in movies and real-life.

Now on to the Divine

I've recently been introduced to the Artwork of Australian Emma van Leest. I have to say I am blown away by the beauty of her creations. I've added an exquisite photo from her website of her artwork entitled 'To dream in waking life.'  I'm a HUGE fan. Enjoy!



I'm off now. 

Love, 
E. 

Currently Listening to: 'I, Me, Mine' The Beatles
Currently Reading: 'Midnight's Children' Salman Rushdie 

No comments:

Post a Comment