Thursday, October 21, 2010

One of my poems Thursday

Wow!, it's been a week already! It's time for one of my poems again. 

I wrote this in 2008, for my brilliant Ritchie. It's not about sex. So with that, here it is.


'Untitled'

 Speckled China doll 
with bristled peach cheeks
and a discerning ear and eye

Imperfect lips; teeth;
 a down-and-dirty mind

I am with you and..
 laughter permeates our night-time. 



In addition to one of my indulgent poems, I wanted to share a beautiful quote by a man I needn't really introduce - Carl Sagan. 

' In the vastness of space and the immensity of time, it is my joy to share a planet and an epoch with Ann'.
- Carl Sagan

I told you it was a good one. 
My wonderful partner Ritchie, made this quote super-special for me as he added it to my birthday card this year (obviously changing 'Ann' to 'Erin'). 

So thank you Carl Sagan, in addition to all the wonderful work you did, you also posthumously managed to make my birthday a little bit more special.

I thought I'd share some photos of my birthday card. Ritchie is wonderful, I know I am incredibly fortunate to have him.



This quote is for my little brother;
'More Babble!' - Christopher Hitchens.


Who do you love? 

Love, 
E.

Currently Listening to: 'La Roux' La Roux (Yes I LOVE this album)
Currently Reading: 'Midnight's Children' Salman Rushdie

No comments:

Post a Comment